Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Completely Blocked



I am basically back to where I started. I've found so many interesting subjects that I'd love to go further into. However, I have absolutely no idea of what I could do for an action. I desperately do not want to do anything bland and boring. I want to have something that I wouldn't mind researching and doing.
As of now, I'm really fascinated with ancient rites of passage, such as the process undergone by boys trying to be men, and girls turning to women, Bolivian healers (and the witches' market in La Paz, Bolivia), and just about everything in Indian, Japanese, and Chinese history. I particularly love their architecture, art, traditional dress, and theatre (Thai theatre, also).
So, even though I have managed to narrow things done, I'm still really stuck. However, I do think that I want to focus on either India or China. The Mauryans in India have such beautiful sculptures and the time of the Three Kingdoms in China is a really interesting story.

No comments: