Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Essential & Foundation Questions

As of now, I am working on my essential and foundation questions. It's actually very difficult at the moment because I'm not entirely sure as to what I exactly want my project do be. It's all still a little vague. However, Shannon helped me a bit with some ideas of foundation/essential questions and I began to write down a few more. I'm not sure if any of them are very useful, but I'm starting to get a better idea of what I'll be aiming towards. So far, here are the questions that I have:

  • Why are particular dance types more common than others?
  • Why do different dances appeal only to certain people?
  • What things do all dances have in common?
  • Do particular dances regain popularity? Why? How much time passes between popularity spurts?
  • Do dances express certain things relating to the times that they are popular?
  • Why do they lose popularity?
  • Through changing the dance or combining others, can it regain its appeal to the public?

So I guess I'm working toward maybe finding out why different styles of dance change and disappear so often, why some reemerge, etc. Something along those lines. =D

No comments: